The following is a summary of my 2017 participation in the 52 Hike Challenge 2017. I decided to participate in the challenge after reading about it on social media. I thought it would be a great “couple” goal for Hubs and me while helping me get healthier. While I’m hopeful that we will be able to do most of the hikes together, we have each done solo hikes due to our schedules. To document each hike in the challenge, I am writing a summary blog post/photo essay. While I’ve linked each hike listed below to its corresponding post, you can also scroll through all of the posts at once. To date, I’ve hiked 5.73 miles in 2017.
January: 4.12 miles
February: 6.34 miles
• Hike 3 – 02.04.17 | 1.61 miles | Red Rock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park, Leesburg, Virginia
• Hike 4 – 02.11.17 | 2.4 miles | Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship, Purcellville, Virginia
• Hike 5 – 02.19.17 | 2.33 miles | Ball’s Bluff Battlefield Regional Park, Leesburg, Virginia
March: 5.30 miles
April: 7.25 miles
• Hike 8 – 04.15.17 | 2.30 miles | Shenandoah National Park, Luray, Virginia
• Hike 9 – 04.22.17 | 3.07 miles | Hemlock Overlook Regional Park, Clifton, Virginia
• Hike 10 – 04.29.17 | 2.15 miles | Greenbrier State Park, Boonsboro, Maryland
May: 0.0 miles
• Due to an ongoing ankle issue, I have been in a orthopedic walking boot all month and have been unable to hike. :(
June: 0.0 miles
• Due to my ankle issue, I have yet to be able to complete a hike this month.