Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read my disclosure policy for more information.
Prior to purchasing my Columbia Plus Size Women’s Anytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant, the only hiking pants I could find in-person that fit me were from the men’s section. Which is great for a woman’s self-confidence, right? Oy! Anywho… Those hiking pants from the men’s section were obviously not made to fit my curves and made me feel and look super boxy. So, I set out to purchase plus size hiking pants that would give me confidence and was so thankful to find these Anytime Outdoor hiking pants. I had previously found my fleece jacket at Columbia, so I knew I could trust their plus size options and happily placed my online order. They did not disappoint when they arrived. They fit exceptionally well, are super lightweight, and are comfortable for hiking long hours.
TIP // These pants are comfortable and look nice enough to wear outside of hiking. I even wear them with sandals and a nice shirt to dinners while traveling to avoid having to pack additional clothes.
The following is what I liked best about Columbia’s Plus Size Women’s Anytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant:
- CUT // Once again, Columbia did a great job with their plus size design. The pants sit well around my middle (with a nice drawstring waist for customized sizing) and the pockets (large and useful) are placed well on the hips. The cut of the leg is really nice with enough thigh room, a gentle tapering at the knee (adding the right amount of feminine curve), and a slight flair at the bottom (perfect to wear over my hiking boots). There is also a large single back pocket starting at the right hip. It has a velcro closure which is great for securing anything you want. I honestly can fit my iPhone 7 Plus in there with a bit of room to spare!
- FIT // I purchased the 24W and it fit as I would expect compared to other national brands. They have a lot of stretch in them, which is great for people like me whose weight fluctuates. The legs also fit really well so there is no fabric bunching or chub rub!
- QUALITY // The pants are made well with reinforced seams and pockets.
- COLORS // These pants come in five different neutral shades: tusk, nocturnal, black, light grey, and grill.
- BONUS // These pants come complete with Columbia’s OMNI-SHIELD which resists absorption of liquids. This feature is amazing for early morning hikes in dew, the odd break on a damp rock/log, or when you clumsily spill your drink on them at dinner. (Guilty!) They also have OMNI-SHADE which provides UPF 50 sun protection. This combined with the lightweight material makes them perfect for desert hikes!
The following is what I liked least about Columbia’s Plus Size Women’s Anytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant:
- STRETCH // Normally I wouldn’t add the same item to both the Pro and Con list, but I felt that it is needed. I love that there is a stretch, but after a couple wears they need to be washed as they loosen up a bit. Thankfully the drawstring helps keep them up, but it isn’t very sturdy. It might help to size down if you are between sizes like I normally am.
Women’s Anytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant Specifications
The following are the plus size specifications for this item:
- MATERIAL // These pants are made of 96% nylon and 4% elastane. They also are made with Columbia’s well-known OMNI-SHIELD (resists absorption of liquids) and OMNI-SHADE (UPF 50 sun protection).
- SIZE // They come in plus sizes 16W-24W and in regular and short lengths (although only regular is available for online purchase).
- STYLE // The Plus Size Women’s Anytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant is Columbia Style# 1467062.
I love these pants so much that after my first wear during our Alaska trip I rarely put on anything else! (Yes, I washed them along the way!) They are super comfortable and can accommodate a variety of different circumstances. As I mentioned earlier, I can dress them up, wear them on the trail, and even fold up the ends to form capri’s when needed. I still have the pair I purchased back in 2015 and wear them frequently. They have held up really well over time with no seam tears, fraying, or holes. And there should be holes, I’m clumsy AF! ;-)
Get Yours Today
You can purchase your own Columbia’s Plus Size Women’s Anytime Outdoor Full Leg Pant online via Amazon or Columbia or in-store where plus size Columbia merchandise is available.
TIP // Use Columbia’s “Fit Predictor” calculator to help you determine your size. Just pick your size in another designer (Lane Bryant, etc.), enter the clothing category (tops, bottoms, etc.), and then list your size in their designs. The calculator will tell you what Columbia size will best fit you. I tried it out and it is accurate based on these pants.
A Sample of My Adventures in These Pants
Interested in more gear reviews? Check out my other reviews.